Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Last day in Quartzside, AZ

Well this is our last day in Quartzside, AZ, it's hard to believe we have only been here 6 days when it seems like 16. However, it is hard to complain because I can wear my black shorts and the sun shines every day. What more could I ask for.

Will tired of the RV tent show and swap meet VERY quickly and didn't want much more to do with it after a few days. I however on the other hand loved looking at all the junk available so each day I headed out, alone and walking to all parts of the show. Yesterday I walked at least 5 miles and that was thru the desert, crossing over the overpasses of Interstate 10 and then rows and rows of vendors. I was gone for hours and exhausted when I returned. Will has spent his days listening to some Bluegrass singers & pickers that are playing at their site each day and really enjoying that. Tonight we are going to try and go to a western dance that is playing locally....our kind of time...6:30 to 9:30 pm we just might be able to stay up that late.

Tomorrow, Thursday 1/22 we head out for Yuma, AZ for 7 days and it will be nice to get back into, what I hope is a real city with newspapers and such. We may even try to "walk" across into Mexico, however, they say the wait to get back into Yuma is at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours, so we shall see.

I hate to keep saying this but the trip is fabulous and we are really enjoying ourselves and having a great time. We have seen some RVers even name their rigs and my 2 favorites so far are: Cramalot Inn and Villa Costa Lotta. Hopefully, we can come up with something fabulous for ours. Any suggestions???? RV and Saturn working great....Thank you, Jesus.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

How about "Libre Como el Viento" meaning free as a bird. Six days in Quartzsite... Y I K E S!!!