Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A relaxing time in Woodbine, GA

Monday, 10/17/11 - Our first full day here and it's absolutely beautiful, temp is 85 and I am determined today to accomplish 3 things.....RV park reservations for February & March 2012 and lay out in the sun! And I am happy to report .....I got it ALL done.

I spent most of the day on the computer and phone checking out RV parks for reservations for February & March. Of course cost is our first issue and those are two high priced areas. First, off we need to be in Clearwater, FL the month of February because that is where a Fleetwood RV Service Center is and we have several issues that need to be taken care of by a dealer. I spoke w/a service repair manager, Kim and she was able to recommend several parks close by. As luck would have it I was able to find a reasonably price one on the same US Highway 19 N only 2 miles away so that will be great for running back & forth plus Clearwater is right on the Gulf side of Mexico.

Tampa was a little harder....the first place I called wanted $1,200 per month plus electricity, I thanked them and hung up quickly. After calling many parks and checking different locations I found one very close to Busch Gardens and not far from the Yankee Spring Training camp. Each park only required a $100 deposit to hold a space so that was reasonable in case something very unforeseen happens. I got those deposits off in the mail today and feel a sense of relief that is taken care of.

All that was left was to take my lazy self outside and lay in the sun and start a fabulous James Patterson book, Kiss the Girls. It's so good I have almost finished it by the second day.

Tuesday, 10/18/11 - Our day to go sightseeing in St Marys, GA a historical community located on the Atlantic Ocean. Many interesting things to see and do there but unfortunately the rain storm that has dumped 7 inches in Florida hit us today and it has not stop raining all day. That accounts for why I almost finished my book. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better weather day and we can start some sightseeing. We both felt like caged "lions" today and need to get back out on the circuit. Much love to all our family and friends.

No comments: